keralamela in DC - FAQ

There is a keralamela scheduled in DC this weekend; here is a snippet from the FAQ section. If u think i am making this up- check out www.keralamela.com

Q: I am a Malayalee and my wife is an American. She is wondering whether she will be able to see a live elephant at Kerala Mela with all the ornaments like we saw once at Thrissur Pooram?

A: Unfortunately the laws do not allow for us to bring a live elephant from Kerala at this time. We are planning to have some thing close though. I am sure if she enjoyed Thrissur Pooram during your visit to India, she will definitely love what we are setting up at the Kerala Mela.



Q: I have tasted ‘puttu & pappadam' from a ‘Thattukada' when I visited Kerala with my parents many years ago. Are you planning to have such a ‘Thattukada' at Kerala Mela.

A: Yes we do. One of the booths that we will have is in fact a fully functional ‘Thattukada' and you will be able to get everything that you can get from a ‘Thattukada' in Kerala.



Q: I am from Tamil Nadu and I have tasted ‘Toddy' (‘Kallu') when I visited Kerala last time. Are you planning to have a traditional ‘Kallu Shappu' at Kerala Mela?

A: We are planning to have a ‘Kallu Shapu' with everything except ‘Kallu'. We are sorry to disappoint you. We have to do this, as alcoholic beverages are prohibited inside Soccerplex. However, you will have all the various curries such as ‘Njandu Kari', ‘Kudal Kari' etc. that you get in a Kerala ‘Kallu Shappu'

( I didnt know they serve intestine curry in a kerala kallu shaapu- ashok)



Q: I am an aspiring play back singer and I sing Malayalam songs very well. Do you think I will get an opportunity to sing with K.S. Chitra and/or G. Venugopal at the Kerala Mela.

A: I am sorry to disappoint you, but the answer is NO. Due to various reasons Kerala Mela committee has adopted a policy that local singers will not be allowed to sing with Chitra and/or Venugopal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Innocent to be Chief Guest for UK reunion ?